Saturday, February 2, 2008

Polls : The best cafe in Cairo

I asked my dear visitors in Cairo a question in a Poll and I hoped that I got an answer and I did

The question was :

What is the best cafe in Cairo ??

With 5 Choices ; 4 of them Cafes in Cairo : Cilantro,Costa, Beano's and Cinnabon ; the 5 choice was left to you to add any other Cafe I forgot

Here are the results :

  • Cilantro received about 29% of the votes , it is not a surprise ,after it is every where and it became the favourite meeting place for many , their menu includes always new stuff ,Sushi was included lately and their Wi-Fi service made it the favourite place for geeks with Laptops
  • Cinnabon came in the second place for about 23% of the votes , this is a surprise , but not for a long time I visit Cinnabon this week in Zamalak and I found out that they added new stuff from Wi-Fi , Salads and Sandwiches of course their Cinnabon rolls are the best in the winter and I forget to mention that they got something the other cafes do not have "Carvel" outlets in their branches , just wait till Summer and you will know how this can be important.
  • Costa came in the third place for about 21% of the votes , Costa is not bad but with Wi-Fi , nice sandwiches and drinks some like it even more than Cilantro
  • Beano's came in the fifth place after "Other" for13%  of the votes , Well I like Beano's for its pan cake and the fact they got these books you flitch and read while you are there , not to mention the Wi-Fi connection there

"Other" received 14 % of the votes , the answers were completely different from each other , here are some of the other suggestions or answers I received :

  • Abu Tarek Cafe at Hassan El-Tohamay
  • 555555555555 !!
  • Ali Cafe
  • Fishawi famous Cafe at El-Hussein "2 votes"
  • Anything Baladi
  • Tabasco
  • Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf "it has a branch in Zamalak in beside the HSBC building in front of Om Kalthoum Statue"
  • Loser "Is this a cafe !!??"

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Al-Hussain , you are mostly welcome to Cairo anytime , Starbucks is openned in two places in Cairo for Now city stars and Nile towers mall , I tried it ,it is fine I like their cake cups , the best , I think they will open more branches in Cairo this year , of course it will be very tough competition , I used to hate Costa because of the service , I tried it in one branch and it was bad but I tried in another place and it was great

    ReplyDelete
  3. we want beano's cafe! we knew it from textbook, n our assignment was about it, but i dnt know what to write haha, we're malaysian

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.